Kane considering LEAVING Tottenham with club ‘facing a battle’ to keep him

first_imgHARRY KANE is considering leaving Tottenham this summer, according to reports.It is thought the Spurs talisman, 26, is keen to take his career to the next level.2 Harry Kane is reportedly considering leaving Tottenham to advance his careerCredit: Getty Images – GettyJose Mourinho and Daniel Levy are hopeful they can convince Kane he can do that at White Hart Lane.But according to The Telegraph, the North London club face a battle to keep hold of him.The report adds that Mourinho would have just £50million to spend in the transfer window should they fail to qualify for the Champions League.Spurs are currently seventh, five points off the top four and two off Manchester United in fifth – with that currently good enough to secure a place at Europe’s elite table due to Manchester City’s Uefa ban.But no Champions League football would make it even harder for Spurs to fend off the interest.And there would surely be no shortage of top clubs vying for his signature.Manchester United have been linked in the past and with Mauricio Pochettino still linked with replacing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, a reunion with Kane could be on the cards.SPURS NEWS LIVE: Follow for the latest news on SpursCity’s Champions League ban could put them out of the running while Liverpool seem to have focused their attention on landing Timo Werner.But if he is willing to forgo the likelihood of breaking Alan Shearer’s Premier League goal record of 260, a move abroad may suit the England star.Real Madrid and Barcelona would no doubt have the funds and the desire to sign him – and would certainly help to take the forward’s career to the next level.Kane joined the Tottenham academy at the age of 11 – after previously failing to get in following a trial – and has developed into the club’s local hero.He has 181 goals in 278 games for the Lilywhites, including 136 in 201 in the Premier League.And the England captain – who was given the armband for the first time in June 2017 – boats an impressive tally of 32 goals from 45 caps.Kane remains well on course to break Wayne Rooney’s national record of 53.That is despite his persistent injury problems, with Kane once again suffering a major injury this term.Latest Tottenham newsHARRY ALL FOUR ITKane admits Spurs must win EIGHT games to rise into Champions League spotGossipALL GONE PETE TONGVertonghen wanted by host of Italian clubs as long Spurs spell nears endBELOW PARRSpurs suffer blow with Parrott to miss Prem restart after appendix operationPicturedSHIRT STORMNew Spurs 2020/21 home top leaked but angry fans slam silver design as ‘awful”STEP BY STEP’Jose fears for players’ welfare during restart as stars begin ‘pre-season’KAN’T HAVE THATVictor Osimhen keen on Spurs move but only if they sell Kane this summerYOU KAN DO ITKlinsmann quit Spurs to win trophies but says Kane’s better off stayingTURBULENT PAIRINGDrogba and Mido had mid-flight brawl after stewardess prank went wrongHe ruptured his hamstring on New Year’s Day and had surgery in the hope of being back in time for the Euros.Kane is back in on-field rehab with Spurs and as revealed by SunSport, could return to action as soon as April.Now Three Lions boss Gareth Southgate is confident he will have both Kane and fellow crocked striker Marcus Rashford available for their opening Euro 2020 clash against Croatia on June 14.2Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho has hope that Harry Kane will soon return to traininglast_img read more

Compared to Muskrat Falls, “Site C looks very good right now”

first_imgWith files from the Vancouver Sun and the Canadian Press FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Energy Minister Bill Bennett says that large differences between BC Hydro’s Site C Clean Energy Project and Nalcor’s Muskrat Falls Generating Facilty mean that the third dam on the Peace River won’t likely end up like its eastern counterpart.On Friday, the CEO of the Newfoundland and Labrador Crown Corporation Stan Marshall told the Canadian Press that the dam, which is under construction on the Churchill River, will now cost taxpayers $11.4 billion, roughly $4 billion more than originally budgeted back in 2012, when the dam was given the go-ahead. Marshall now also says the dam will first generate electricity in the fall of 2019, instead of in 2017 as originally planned.Speaking at a news conference on Friday, Marshall said: “In my opinion the Muskrat Falls project was not the right choice,”adding that original cost estimates were optimistic or overly aggressive. Marshall says electricity rates for domestic customers are now expected to rise to 21.4 cents per kilowatt hour in 2021, before tax, 6.3 cents higher than forecast when the project was sanctioned in 2012.- Advertisement -Speaking with Energeticcity.ca this afternoon, Bennett said that the Site C Dam differs from Muskrat Falls in that the planning and budgeting for the dam was subject to a rigorous seven-year process. Bennett said that in addition to planning that included an independent panel of experienced contractors, and having the project’s budget audited by KPMG twice, that BC Hydro has built a strong inflation budget into the project. Along with those, Bennett mentioned the $440 million contingency figure that the province included in the final figure. According to Bennett, approximately $4 billion of the dam’s $8.335 billion final budget has already been committed.“Newfoundland is in a bit of a pickle right now because they were kind of a one-trick pony. They depended almost entirely on offshore oil and gas. That’s gone away for them right now so at whatever cost that dam is going to have, they don’t need the electricity,” said Bennett. He says that in contrast, BC has lead the country in economic growth for the past two years, and is forecast to continue to lead the country in growth, jobs creation, and migration. According to Bennett, those factors mean that the province has no doubt about the need for the Site C dam’s electricity by the time it is complete in 2024.In response to statements made by NDP Hydro Critic Adrian Dix in an interview with the Vancouver Sun’s Vaughan Palmer that the provincial government is signing taxpayers up for “a 70-year contract for a flip phone” by using outdated hydropower technology, Bennett responded by mentioning a report by the Canada West Foundation. The report which was published by the think-tank on Monday looks at solutions to the problem of Alberta and Manitoba seeking to eliminate coal-powered electricity generation in the coming years. Bennett says that although hydroelectric projects have high up-front capital costs, the dams themselves quickly get paid off and continue to generate low-cost electricity for up to one hundred years. Bennett added that large-scale hydroelectric power generation is the reason for BC, Manitoba, and Quebec having the lowest residential electricity rates in North America.Advertisementlast_img read more